Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SHUT UP

      Ok.. so if I say after the biopsy, they found cancer in the left breast and then some other stuff and getting a second biopsy, why would someone say, "Why are you getting radiation, if it's benign?"  Why would a person ask you if the doctors know you were on hormones when all doctor's do is ask what medications you are on...?  Do they think I lie about my medications?  How would that serve me?  Why would someone say, "It's in your family, so you can't be surprised."  How could someone be so insensitive?...Why is it when I say the second biopsy is Friday do they say, "When's the surgery?"  See, we are trying to figure out after all tests what we're dealing with... if it's just one spot, we know what to do, if it's more, we will deal with that...
  This brings me back to when I broke my back,  people said some ignorant stuff.  One guy I knew said he had surgery on his nose, and there was a small spot where he lost the feeling and it was the same with me...uhm.. it wasn't/isn't.  I almost severed my spinal cord... I didn't have a frigging deviated septum.    A co-worker came to visit when I was in the hospital and told me I just shouldn't be laying around.  This was the dumbest statement.  My days were spent in physical therapy learning to walk again and my nights were spent reading.  He caught me reading... How could I be so lazy...
  People....Give me some credit.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you Missy.... and thank you for reading..I must confess, I have been one of those people that say ignorant things...

    ReplyDelete