Thursday, January 5, 2012

PLEASE FORGIVE..


    When did all this crazy stuff start?  If my mammary serves me, this is how it went…December 13th was the diagnosis… then the 20th, I saw the first surgeon.. then she ordered a bone scan and a cat scan… had both of those on the 23rd and the 30th.. both look good thus far.  Then I had a second opinion appointment scheduled for yesterday and today and cancelled because I got the stomach flu.  Making new appointments with them…Saw an endocrinologist for some other issues… Having an MRI on Friday because they can’t see much as the breast tissue is so dense… on the OTHER side.  Met with the doctor that will do my radiation treatments if I go with the first surgeon last week.  Talked to “The Gathering Place”… told 400 of my closest friends, have people lined up to help to take me to radiation treatments… exercising more…although this stomach flu knocked me down..and I basically need a break… I have been blessed with emails from Cheryl Richardson.. a wonderful writer and life coach.. she is so kind and encouraging.  She gives good advice like good affirmations… but, I don’t want to do the friggin affirmations right now. Or listen to some guided meditation tapes… I want to drink beer… and play… that’s all…What’s the point in healing if you can’t live?!  Don’t worry.  I am not slurping alcohol, or eating bad food.  Cheryl is in Australia right now getting ready to do a seminar with Dr. Wayne Dyer.  She knows he knows me and is giving him my regards.. I am lucky these folks connect with me so much… Wayne encouraged me to walk again when I didn’t think I would… that was 31 years ago… If you’re thinking how blessed I am.. you are right.  What I learned in the last 3 weeks, is to get off my butt and get stuff done… “Enjoy every sandwich., as Warren Zevon said, and have gratitude for Everything….
   So this is temporary.. this little setback.  This little pity party, bad attitude, will end….Tomorrow, I will be ready to go…..affirming, positive… ready to rock.. but until then, here is my affirmation for today…
BITE ME.
    

4 comments: