Sunday, January 22, 2012

NEXT STEP

    I love second opinions now.  You just never know.  The Cleveland Clinic is run like a well oiled machine.  I am quoting my friend Lona, but I have to agree.  They were so together with all doctors checking the biopsy, and all previous tests.  I guess I could have done this alone, but I sure didn’t want to.  Accompanying me were two friends.  Lona, who has been through this already and Jan.  Jan took me to the very first of it all.  The biopsy.  She wrote me and said she was happy to take me in case I needed any “immoral” support.  When I got the results of the biopsy, Lona and I had dinner and she went over everything.  You’d think she was a doctor, knowing so much.   Jan took me to meet the first surgeon.  She called right before she left her home and said, “We’re just getting some information today, that’s all.”  This is a perfect thing to say to me.  Lona took off work and met us there. She gave me all the information I needed.  I really can’t absorb it all.  It’s too much and all I am thinking about is healing and when’s this stuff over with?  So Jan picked me up on Thursday, took me to the Cleveland Clinic and Lona met us there.  After paper work, they have you change and sit in a room with a few other people and Lona and Jan came and began crocheting and knitting.  They looked so cute and when I came out in my gown, they both commented on the style, making me giggle.  Then after my mammogram, they sent us to another waiting room. It was set up like a nice living room.  Jan and Lona were joking, and it was soothing and nice.  Jan was making purple socks for herself.  Lona was making an afghan, I think.  They enjoy each other’s company a lot. Then I had an ultrasound.  The doctor tells me what she sees.  Then you go into another room and you speak with all doctors and the surgeon.  Looks like there might more issues than we thought.  I will be getting another biopsy on both breasts this week.  Both Jan and Lona asked questions that I was too tired to ask.  Jan had to leave early.  Lona stayed and it was a full day.  We then had dinner and she took me home.  We both went over all that the doctors said. 
   I have to tell you, the two of them are amazing.  Not only do they keep me calm, they seem to stay positive, although I am not fond of that word. I notice they don’t have energy for gossip.  Me likey.  Lona is so wise in dealing with me.  Her favorite saying is, “One step at a time.” For some reason, this is exactly what I need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment