Saturday, July 9, 2011

BOSSES


    You know how people have issues with their bosses a lot?  I had the most amazing supervisor at a call center I worked at… Kathy.  She had to fire me about 6 months into it, because I was doing so poorly.   I wasn’t “second efforting”, as they say in telemarketing, and I hung up on someone… not that I remember it… Then she called after a few days and said that she felt bad and hired me back.. I worked a little harder but I am not a salesperson and HATE calling and bothering people.  There were several days where she would come up to me and ask if I was in a lot of pain… I would say yes and she would send me home.  She was very kind to all the women that worked there and that she supervised.  And we had about 50 in that part of the office.  She kept us laughing a lot and she always kept us motivated with contests.  Like the first one to get a pledge gets a gift.  Or the most pledges in an hour.  The gifts were sometimes envelopes with a little cash.  Many of the young women that worked there were single moms and she always asked about their children.  She was married with three children and loved her family.  She told me a lot about her kids.  The most wonderful thing she did was she give me a surprise party.  I walked in on my birthday on a Saturday , and there was everyone yelling surprise.  When I got to my desk there were many gifts and the flyer she sent out to everyone but me… the most amazing flyer about ME that I had very seen.  She explained that it was a surprise and that she would make sure the contests would revolve around me… “Questions about Chris”… like my favorite movie… etc.  What she didn’t know was that I had been in a real funk and couldn’t get out of it.  One doctor wanted to put me on anti-depressants and I didn’t go on them.  This party was all I needed… Never did those pills and even though I haven’t worked at this place in 4 years, I still visit from time to time… and I always give a special hello to Kathy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment