Tuesday, June 19, 2012

THROAT

  I am back from the ENT man.  I started seeing him in August of last year because of persistent cough.  I joined the chorus I am in almost three years ago, and noticed my voice cracked after holding a note for a second and just couldn't hit certain high notes that I used to.  I went to my doctor and he could hear wheezing and thought it was asthma.  He gave me an inhaler, but it did nothing for me.  Then he sent me to the ENT man last year.  The ENT doctor thought after putting a scope up my nose and down my throat that it was probably acid reflux and sent me to a Gastro man.. GAS MAN.  He agreed but did an UPPER GI on me.  All looked good but they put me on heavy duty stomach medication, along with no caffeine or greasy foods, and the coughing stopped.  It comes back from time to time and I take the meds.  However, all that acid and coughing caused a scar on the back of my voice box.  I told the ENT doctor today that it really affects my singing.  He said that it would and I asked if it would heal and he said, "No."  What the @#$%!?  I refuse to buy into this.  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Today, in the parking lot, someone backed into my car.  We looked at my car and it was fine and he drove away.  Upon closer inspection, I realized the bumper has a slight ding.  It's easy to fix a bumper and it's easy to fix my body.. Not just that little scar, but that little cancer they found.. and the little stomach issue I've got, and that little paralysis thing I have... In the words of my favorite Southpark character, Eric T. Cartman, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

2 comments: