Sunday, April 22, 2012

MOXIE


      I got to rehearse with my friends today.  I always enjoy this chorus rehearsal.  One particular moment, Lona did her solo.  She was ecstatic to get it as this was her first time even though she has auditioned before. She was so excited that she ran around and  high fived the director and another singer, Jan, who helped her learn it.  She knows very well the anxiety that comes over her when she sings so she stands up to sing it. Today, she asked the director if she could face us.  She said it would help her.  I thought this was such a smart thing to do.  When she started singing, she seemed to like the feedback from us even though we were backing her up with “oos” like the Pips as one woman said.  She was more expressive looking at us.  I was thinking how cool to look out at an audience and see the support in people's eyes.  After she was done, she was thrilled and danced back to her chair. Her close friend sitting next to me said quietly, “I’m going to cry.”  I was too.  Whenever I see somebody so brave like she is, especially a good friend, I get emotional.  

No comments:

Post a Comment