Wednesday, May 2, 2012

FINAL STEP

     I am confused as anything about my next step.  The oncologists want me to have chemo and radiation and I opted only for radiation.  It is Stage 1 cancer, not in the lymph nodes. they say the "margins" are clean which means they got it all.  The problem is.... I am exhausted already.  Hell, I do the dishes, and I have to lay down after.  So how will I manage 6 weeks of something zapping my energy?  And it's not once a week.  It's five days.  The oncologist said, "We'll get you through this.."  I have no idea what that means... I asked but he didn't say.  Somehow, I think the only way to get me through this is to put me in the hospital... then they say your energy comes back in about a week.. I have talked to many about this.  So many women continue working while having this done and manage fine.. In 30 years, I haven't been able to hold a full time job.  Not that I don't want to, my body just won't let me.  I have been advised to read different books on different ends of the spectrum and I do.  Suzanne Somers has much to say about cancer.  I've got a couple weeks to think this over...   

No comments:

Post a Comment