Sunday, November 20, 2011

MOVIES

      I don’t really care that a nine year old was my boss…no I don’t  … I don’t even care that she caught mistake after mistake in my work… but when she fired me, the humiliation I felt took me right back to being scolded as a child. I met someone spectacular this week,… then was acknowledged by Cheryl Richardson that she thought my blog was beautiful… then was able to get a few appointments that I have been putting off.  DONE.   And exercised a little extra…BUT THAT NINE YEAR OLD FIRED ME.  Actually, she is 20, and very nice.  So, I could almost be her grandmother.  Her GRANDMOTHER.  “I am sorry Grandma, but we have to let you go.”  Sure, you are a good person, but your cash drawer has been short 3 times and over one time... and you are making the same mistakes… I didn’t feel like telling her that after 2 hours on the job, I couldn't see straight from the pain I was in.....much less work.  They had cut me so much slack already.  They gave me a little extra time to learn the job and talked to me before about things I did wrong.  I figured, I should just thank her and leave.    It was a great time…I learned alot... Nothing I could tell you at the moment.  Well, I will say this... a sixteen year old will do almost anything to get into a movie rated R without a guardian.  And I do feel so cool using a walkie talkie.  And people have a hard time understanding that a 3D movie costs more than a movie that isn't 3D.  And those microphones they have in these box offices are horrible.  And seniors forget they're seniors alot, and can get a discount... probably because they're seniors.  And people call the theatre and want to not only know what movies you're showing, but a complete review.   Now, I have worked other jobs and although it seems to take me a long time to learn a task, I eventually do it very well, but this time, well.... let's just say, I needed to work more to get it right.
  The General Manager was there and I had to sign papers saying I understood the mistakes I made… I think this way, I can’t go after them…or something…not that I would... And then the last thing… the badge… My name tag… The same card you use to log in… stripped of my “badge".  They walked me to the elevator and the three of us were going down together.  We all three stared at the floor.  Finally I said, “Boy this is awkward, isn’t it?”  They at least giggled.  Wayne Dyer always congratulates people who get fired.  He figures it's the universe getting you out of something you shouldn't be in, and you didn't get out of it yourself...Looking forward to the next chapter...




5 comments:

  1. Indeed. You are out of "Box," that quadrilateral parallelogram everybody tells us to think outside of. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new stuff at my blog, too. (Aren't we wonderfully productive!) www.marginalconsiderations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss Jan... too embarrassed to post this one on Facebook just yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I've always thought the same thing as Mr. Dwyer...in fact he probably stole it from me. Onward and Upward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Wayne Dyer got it from you Kathy!!! You are great!

    ReplyDelete