Thursday, March 15, 2012

RICK

  I am getting a drain taken out of my armpit today and getting the pathology report from the titty counsel.  Yes, I am excited to get this out of me. It hurts and bathing is difficult.  I was/am deeply indebted to my brother who came here from out of town and stayed over night at the hospital making sure I was ok after surgery.  It all was very easy, mostly because he made it easy.  I had friends and relatives there to support me as well.  When we got home, my brother, shopped, cooked, did laundry, cleaned up my place and made me laugh.  He checked the drain I had to make sure there was no infection.  One of my friends noticed how calm he was.  Others said he was pretty nervous in the waiting room.  When he left yesterday, I said, "Thank you isn't big enough."  How do you thank someone for doing so much? When he had his first child, my parents were still alive. My father, who did not pass out compliments very often said, "I don't know what your mother did raising Rick, but he is a wonderful father."  I would add, "And a wonderful brother."

2 comments: