Tuesday, August 9, 2022

WRONG

 August 9, 2022

A couple of weeks ago I was going up an escalator and fell.  They stopped it and my legs were up in the air.  Thankfully, I was fine.  I have fallen in the past 42 years so many times and most of the time it is very funny.  My mother used to say I fell so much when I first was learning how to walk again, that it was a wonder I didn't get brain damage or drain bamage, I can't remember.  One time Dancing Wheels was dancing at the Akron University and I fell in our dressing room.  The standup dancers were laughing once they realized I was ok.  It's fine.  I actually love it.  When I was in Dancing Wheels we had morning class before rehearsal.  I did my best to do the stretches and workout on the floor that the standup dancers did and many times made a mess of things.  The wheelchair dancers just did stuff with their arms but I figured since I could walk, I could do some of the other stuff.  One time we had to sit, lift our legs up in a V and hold our arms out.  I don't have much feeling or muscles in my hips and I fell backwards.  I didn't think much of it, but when we did it the second time and I fell, the woman next to me laughed so hard that she started crying.  Sometimes in the morning instead of our usual workout, we did ballet class and did some bar exercises which I stood up for.  As they got ready, someone would say, "Try not to look at Chris.", because she knew they would laugh.  I drive with hand controls because I have very little feeling in my feet.  My right foot has a mind of its own.  I think crippled and gay is way too much for one person to handle but crippled gay and falling all the time is just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment