Friday, November 14, 2014

OHM



     I haven’t written in forever and thought it was time.  I was talking to a friend I hadn’t spoken with in a while complaining that I was scared the way my body behaved.  Seems like things are worse instead of better.  She was very considerate and present and said, “Well, you have a very hard life.”  Two days later, in my meditation,  I asked how I could heal my body and how I could be as blissful as when I came home from the hospital 34 years ago, knowing I would be totally and completely healed.  The answer came fast.  “STOP WHINING.”  I was not happy with this because I didn’t think I was whining, but I quickly began looking at all the good stuff in my life.  Friends, a nice home, everything I could think of.  I could see how childish I was being, almost like I was owed something for being on this earth.  Isn’t that interesting?   And things did turn around.  I began thinking of so many things I could do to help reach optimum health.  Not just diet and exercise.  It began to be fun.  I don’t always want to hear the truth but this time I listened. I realize I have limitations, and  I’m all for feeling all my feelings and bringing them to the surface to heal, but after that ….. SHUT UP.

1 comment:

  1. It's probably a good idea to stop whining. I do enough of this myself. It's also a good probably a good idea to realize the universe does not owe us a thing. But it's OK to realize that set backs happen. They are part of the human condition. We can be patient with ourselves as we plan our comeback from tough breaks. Press on .

    ReplyDelete