Friday, November 23, 2012

PAUL

     I had an interesting holiday.  One of my friends invited me over for dinner, and I was excited.  I only had to bring beer which was simple enough.  On Wed. I had Tai Chi and the teacher worked with me on getting out of a chair without using my hands for support.  This was big for me and I was happy for the new instruction.  She did lots of work with us and since there was only a few people, she gave us all special attention.  After class, I went grocery shopping and left the beer in my car, knowing it would stay cold.  I decided to pay bills including my amazing landlord/housemate Paul, even though I was early.  Basically, when I get a check, I pay my bills as fast as I can, so I don't spend it.  I unpacked a few things in my office and went to bed.  Yesterday, I woke up counting my blessings.  I put on my braces and shoes and went downstairs and made decaf for me.  After it was made, I turned and fell ... HARD on my left hip.  When I was learning to walk again, I fell alot and my mother said it was a wonder I didn't get brain damage.  I usually can do it without hurting myself but this time I couldn't stand and I waited and massaged my leg for a while.  I finally got up and went into the living room, sat down and screamed in pain.  I heard something crunch and got so scared.  I couldn't get off the couch.  Paul was out and my phone was upstairs.  After, what seemed like forever, I sat on the stairs and pushed myself up to the top.  I got my phone and called him.  He said he'd be home in five minutes.  I somehow dressed myself and washed up.  Every move was screaming pain.  I kept remembering what the Tai Chi teacher said about a friend who was very ill.  He said every day he gets better.  Paul took me to the Emergency Room.  After they got X-rays, they took an EKG and blood work to admit me.  Here's why I am grateful.  NOTHING was broken.  Just a bad contusion on the hip.  The doctor sent me home. They said to just stay off it.  I am.  It is so much better today and I am resting, and cancelled appointments.  This is my Thanksgiving gift.  I am ok and I have a beautiful landlord....

No comments:

Post a Comment